Aug 31, 2008

Ubuntu Now

Ok, so I just installed Ubuntu 8.04 (one year later, i know =P)after an unsuccessful install a couple of days before. I don't know what went wrong the first time as I used the same disc for this installation.

Anyway, this is my first post in a Linux OS and I must say this is better than Windows, but I still have a lot to do so Ubuntu runs as I want it to. I'm a n00b so this will be trial and error. First thing is getting the right resolution for my 32" widescreen TV, getting a decent IM program that can handle GTalk and MSN Messenger.

This is a move I've wanted since a year ago but could not do it due to the large amount of crap I needed to back up.

Anyway, I hope one day I'll understand how to modify Linux as I did with Windows.

1 comment:

  1. The most decent IM messenger I know of is Pidgin. It shouldn't be a problem running it on ubuntu, I even think it is pre-installed under the Network subclass in the Applications menu on all ubuntu distributions.

    ReplyDelete