Feb 11, 2008

INTERSTELLA 5555

Just a second ago I was watching INTERSTELLA 5555 for the first time and is, with an extraordinaire music integration by masters of electronic music Daft Punk, one of the best animations I have ever seen with a story that can amuse even the most severe critics. Daft Punk brought the album and the completed story to Tokyo in the hope of creating the film with their childhood hero, Leiji Matsumoto.

I must honestly tell that even way back then in 2001 when I first watched the video for One More Time, I was perplexed by the story that was told. I knew there was a continuation for it when later that year the video for Aerodynamic came out, I understood that the album Discovery was telling only one story throughout the entire setlist.

A very dear friend of mine told me there was a movie by the name of INTERSTELLA 5555 that featured all the videos that were seen back in 2001. I must say that, eventhough I watched the videos for the first four tracks and thought that they were very good, I found the movie very entertaining and worthy of several watchings that will leave you with the same feeling with the closing scene.

If you, my dear imaginary reader, have not had the opportunity of watching this movie I invite you to look for it at a music store and ask for it (if you can't find it, you can alway download it) and spend a wonderful time with this one. My current favorite.

I'll leave a video for you to know what I'm talking about. THANX, DERICK, FOR THIS ONE!

Cheers and I'll see you next time!


Enjoy the entire movie:

No comments:

Post a Comment