Nov 1, 2006

Coming ZUNE !!


I want a ZUNE!! But, what is a zune you may ask avid reader. It is the 'new' (don't know why they call it like that, M$ haven't had mp3 players that I know of) mp3 player from Micro$oft, in an effort to have a share on the mobile entertainment market. I really don't think that they will dethrone the iPod, in short, it is not an iPod-killer; the iPod is too rooted already to be taken out. You just have to see the iPod-ready cars, iPod-ready coffee machines to know that this phenomena will not go away very soon. What i DO hope is that this is the beginning of a new era in mobile entertainment.

The only player i have had was a cd mp3 player, which was cool, but a heavy, battery-sucker cd walkman. I considered for a while getting a Creative Zen, which played video, pictures, i think i had an FM tuner and a voice recorder. But i found out about the Zune by a friend who told me that M$ was in the process on developing this gadget.

Why not get an iPod and let go right? 'Cause I loath iTunes. Simple as that, I hate the fact that i have to use iTunes so i can make playlists, and let me tell you I have a HUGE library. I use Windows media player and there will be a player for the Zune, the zune marketplace which is similar to WMP 11, if not merged to it. For a fee you can suscribe to an 'all you can eat' membership. It will have Wi-fi, so you can share mp3's to other zunes and xbox 360 connectivity. One doubt i have is the way someone will scroll through the library. Release date is set for this November 14, just 7 days (i guess) after Emergence Day (the day Gears of War comes out).

Anyway, there is a lot of stuff out there on the Zune: the ComingZune page, the official Zune page, a blog, a virtual pressroom. So check it out.



This is a video showing the GUI the Zune will use, and the video playing as well.



And this one shows a commercial being broadcasted over the US about the ZUNE, cool.


And my favorite video, the Fiery Sharing Birds:



Cheers to all of you Zune fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment