Nov 28, 2006

TRieD & TRue

I have been using the Zune player for a little more than a week and honestly i haven't used that much an iPod, though i find it easy and not that hard to use as other reviewers claim. It is NOT an iPod, or an iPod killer as many claim. The iPod, as i have said before, is already too rooted in the market and, what? 5 years of experience which make it a tough adversary. MS's objective is not to dethrone the ipod, but to take a bite off the market.

There has been harsh criticism over the zune solely for the mere fact that is MS made. There was even one reviewer that admitted having NOT used one and described how and why the zune will fail. I mean, i'm not a MS fanboy, i know the OS could be better, i hate about the monopoly stance they have, actually, i hate plenty of things they do and am joyful when google or some other company manages to outbest a product MS is in.

I searched around for the mp3 player for me and my choice was the Creative Zen Micro Photo, which is an amazing little player I must say. But after a friend of mine told me the rumour MS was designing it's own mp3 player i was determined to see it it was true. After all I was really happy with the recently acquired xbox 360. Some time later I bought it and have to say it is really good at what it does. I have found things that I don't like but hey, nobody's perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment