May 6, 2008

No ZuNe for You!

Ok, I was really excited when I found out that there was an update for my Zune and it's software. There is a number of updates and some of them were "demanded" by the fans for so long, they have listened. Probably one of them was the return of Auto-Playlists, but I will never know because with the update they introduced some kind of IP filtering. Apparently, they don't want non-americans to have this update and probably the reason is the introduction of a Video Marketplace along with 800 tv shows from NBC and some other networks.

It's a shame, really. I didn't want the shows, I just wanted Auto-Playlists and some other things like Add to now Playing... a default playlist that always played your favorited songs, what else? OH!... no, no, I think that's it.

Anyway, sucky sucky for Microsoft.

Boo Hoo for me....

-Edit- As of today [7.5.08], I managed to download the update through Windows Update. Actually there were so many thing they added that way improve the functionality of the player and it's software. Top 2: Autoplaylists and Gapless Play.

No comments:

Post a Comment