Jun 5, 2008

eTHeReaL RóS

I don't remember the time I was given knowledge of the existence of an Icelandic group that goes by the name Sigur Rós (which means Victory Rose and is also Jónsi Birgisson's sister, who was born the same day the band was formed).

I must admit that, given my metal background, I found their music hard to digest because it was nothing like I had heard before. One time, when I was thinking by myself (those lucid moments I use to have) I was playing all my music collection at random when suddenly, 'Svenf-g-englar' comes up and in my stupor I begun to relax and I actually felt different. I liked it alot so I went to my PC to see the group's name and what song was playing. To my surprise it was Sigur Rós, a group I was thinking of removing from my collection because I couldn't assimilate their music.

Sigur Rós' music is ethereal, as if it was created and sung by angels. They manage to combine different feelings within the same song and at the same time. 'Olsen Olsen' for example, fills me with happiness and at the same time I feel nostalgic, so I feel happy and sad at the same time. I don't know if this happens to everyone but this music really pulls some emotional strings in me.

Well, this is one of my favorite songs by Sigur Rós, the first I ever 'listened' to carefully and the video is... well, if you wish, you can leave a comment.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment