Jun 8, 2008

T'Pol

Well, I would like to talk to someone in special but since I can't I shall speak to you, my IR. Before I head to watch for the fifth time LotR I would like to say something about Enterprise (the latest Star Trek saga) and the way humans behave. This will sound too geeky but I care not about people's destructive criticism anyway.

I have read pretty much 95% (I still have 1/3 of the latest novel to go at this time) of all Halo novels out there and I believe not-so-friendly civilizations could be out there or Planets could look harmless at first contact and to be sure there should be a number of "protocols" to follow in such cases. The protocols could be sending robotic probes for a couple of days to examine the atmosphere and run a scan on weather behavior, on fauna (predators, poisonous, viruses and the likes) and flora (venomous pollen, plants). And no matter what, you don't send your homeworld's location in a message to a ship that does not respond to your hails.

These things are logical if you cannot know the alignment of beings you're making first contact with, don't they? Well, these things are not done by Cap. Archer of the starship Enterprise even if his second in command (a female vulcan by the name of T'Pol played by actress and major babe Jolene Blalock) advises him otherwise. I believe a Captain should be aware of the dangers of space exploration and should assess the possibilities of getting his crew members in jeopardy.

So you know, if you don't follow Star Trek much (I must admit this is my second try at watching a ST series in my life (the first one was Sar Trek: The Second Generation with C
ap. Jean-Luc Piccard.... mmh, I like the name Jean-Luc by the way) but couldn't keep up as my mother grew tired of it and never watched it again (I must say that I had no power over the remote control those days ^_^). Okay, about Vulcans: I believe they were the first humanoid aliens we humans met with. They are a very logical race and can control their emotions as they believe emotions can cloud your judgment. This results in a very serious (and almost obnoxious in a way) and in a way emotionless person, or vulcan in this matter. So T'Pol is always taking serious and is not afraid (remember? no emotions) to say what's on her head as she is confident she is thinking in a logical way. She analyzes every situation but has committed some mistakes, and she has been aware of that. Logically she learns from mistakes. So I would listen to T'Pol's suggestions more often If I was Cap. Archer.

So this was todays LuCiD WRiTiNG, thanx for reading and see you next time my dear IR, t'was a blast speaking to you....

Before I go, I will treat your eyes with some Jolene Blalock candy. Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment