Apr 18, 2007

New Machine and Ubuntu [i.wish]

I have, as most of my friends, a computer at home. It's a generic computer, built with the best components I could afford back then. Now, she's kinda old and soooo veery fucking slow. Two things I have at the top of my Things-to-get-for-my-PC list:
  • RAM, at least 1.5 GB (I wanna have 2 GB, this will at least increase the response time)
  • Video Card (I have installed a 64 mb Nvidia gForce 4, although it gets the work done, it's just 64 mb, so now I want at least 256 mb)

These two are subject to change in case I decide to update the motherboard and processor, but I am not very close to my computer so, I guess I can let it be like this with these two little extras that will sure improve speed issues.

Just before I do this, or after, I would like to get Ubuntu 7.04 installed instead of Windows. The issue here is the Zune software, which can't work on Linux but as I have read somewhere else it's easy to get it to work with a Virtual Machine like VMware, and I can kiss the PC-xbox360 symbiosis goodbye. In any case, I don't have enough time to get everything done with my PC. But definitely I would love to migrate to Linux.

No comments:

Post a Comment