May 31, 2007

Howard Phillips Lovecraft

I originally intended to develop at least two logs very different to what I'm posting now. The reason is that I have found something extraordinaire that surpasses both of the initial ideas I had planned.

Though I have read just a few novels by Master Lovecraft, I have been profoundly "in love" with his narrative (though I have to mention that the novels I've read are the Spanish translation by Borges*) and the way he describes everything in a dark mysterious light, macabre at some points, specially those stories concerning the Cthulu Mythos.

Nevertheless, I have not read more of him because there are not that many books around that contain all of his novels (except the most famous ones) but I recently (as of today) discovered this wiki that contains all (to my knowledge) of his written works, in addition to some legal documents and essays.

For example, one of my favorites, The Whisperer in Darkness appears here. I hope you find this exciting as well.

Cheers!!!

*So I'm told, I have not had the time to corroborate this.

No comments:

Post a Comment